Clean Lake Tips
EFFORTLESS STEPS TO CLEAN, CLEAR LAKES
- Don’t use it!
- Seaweed uses phosphorus to grow.
- Tell your local supplier or lawn care provider that you only want zero phosphorus fertilizer.
- Once releases into the lake it stays in the sediment.
Preserve Our Lake Bottom
- Stirring lake bottom suspends the phosphorus.
- Accelerating in shallow water creates sediment plumes.
- Shallow water is highlighlighted in blue.
- Wakeboard and surf in deeper water (You will have a larger wake anyway).
- Begin pulling skiers and tubers in deep water.
Dimish Wave Action
- Consider glacial rock in front of your seawall.
Please Respect Buoys and Protected Areas